We provide our clients with assistance for all of their multifamily/apartment needs throughout North Carolina and South Carolina, and in the Savannah and Atlanta metro areas in Georgia.
Our footprint is growing, so please reach out to us regarding adjoining states! As government agencies adopt more regulations regarding the operation of multifamily and apartment communities, we help residential property owners and managers maintain compliance in their policies and procedures. Brownlee Whitlow & Praet, PLLC has extensive experience in protecting the business interests of multifamily apartment owners and managers by creating sound strategies and tools—including leases and addendums—that meet many goals yet stay within regulatory compliance.
The growing demand for rental homes coupled with the growing number of governmental regulations has put a strain on the day-to-day operation of multifamily apartment communities. It is our goal to help our clients realize an improved return on investment and opportunities for future growth through our guidance. To that end, we represent and counsel multifamily property owners and managers in all phases of multifamily and apartment law, including:
- Formulating Strategies for Good Management Procedures and Policies
- Creating and Revising Leases and Addendums
- Addressing Environmental Complaints including Mold Complaints
- Addressing Fair Housing and other Governmental Complaints
- Addressing Permissible Resident Conduct and Rules
- Ensuring Compliance with Laws Applicable to Security Deposits
- Employment Practice Compliance
- Assisting with Lease Terminations
- Advising on Rental Collection Procedures
- Reviewing and Advising on Resident Qualification Procedures
- Complex Summary Ejectment/Eviction Hearings and Appeals
- Multifamily Purchase, Sale, and Refinance